Saturday, July 14, 2007

Baking binge!

I've been on a baking binge this afternoon as the sweet treats in the freezer were dangerously low :)


I'm running out of oil & butter so have been searching for alternatives. I've made:


* coconut choc-chip slice - a yummy 'cakey' type slice with no butter or oil. I substituted sultanas for the choc-chips. (I've made this before - it's very more-ish!)

* low-fat orange muffins - used up the rest of the vanilla yoghurt in the fridge. (new recipe - a bit dry because it's low fat but not bad. Would go well with poppyseeds if I had any!)

* muesli bars - with oats, weetbix, rice-bubbles, sultanas and condensed milk.


I also made up some 'magic cordial', cooked a baked dinner for tonight and a loaf of sourdough. I took some photos but the camera is still playing up and they're all blurry :(


This was the first time I think that I kept the sink filled with hot water & washed up as I went - it made a huge difference.



Billy woke up at 5am this morning coughing and was then sick (*sigh* sheets to wash), and was then sick again about 6am - he's been ok ever since so I think it was due to his cold & gunk down his throat while he was sleeping. He slept on my lap much of the morning so not much got achieved then (other than making my baby feel secure & loved of course!)

3 comments:

lightening said...

Sounds like you've been very creative Kerrie. :-) Well done!

Kin said...

Washing up as you go is amazing coz it actually works hey? Even Hubby is amazed when I do it how little washing up he has to do afterwards - hehehe.

Kez said...

lol - yeah amazing that it works. Flylady was right about something :)