Monday, July 16, 2007

Cold!!!

It's cold this morning - got down to -1 overnight (yeah I know many of you are probably thinking "that's not cold" lol, but it is for us!) Luckily I didn't find that out until after I'd dragged myself out of my warm bed to make Pete's lunch. I must say the walkers all looked miserable this morning in the pre-sun-up trip to the station!


Speaking of cold - Billy's cold seems to be on the improve, but now he's reacting (behaviour-wise) to the panadol I used to get his temp down, and he is not a nice child to be around atm! Tantrums, crying, cheekiness - could be a long day! Plus, he's given his cold to me - I wonder if lying around looking pathetic all day will work for me??! Somehow I doubt it :)


Yesterday we went to the Gresford Markets to check them out. Gresford is a little village about 25mins drive from here. I love the drive around that area, it's so pretty. When I was younger, we used to go on guide camps in that area and I have some wonderful memories of it. We hadn't been to the Gresford Markets before and I was expecting (or rather hoping) for a farmer's markets, but it was mainly a craft & handiwork markets. Lots of lovely handmade items - soaps, cards, angora scarfs, clothing etc. There were a few stalls with food, but mainly the pickles & jam variety. It was quite a pleasant time wandering around anyway.


We ended up buying the ubiquitous sausage sandwich as we left and called in to Paterson Park for a picnic lunch and play.



When we got home I did a bit in the garden (hopefully the strawberries I planted went ok in the cold!).
We're staying home for a "pyjama day" today - a day where we don't have any plans and can just lounge around in our pyjamas if we want. I'm starting to stress about the amount of work I have to do again, so I need to write some lists and get some times organised.
Right, now time for some breakfast I think!




2 comments:

libby said...

Hi Kerrie,

It was a cold night here too but has turned into a nice day. Cute photo of Billy - hard to believe he could cause so much trouble. Mind you, my cute child is like that too. Hope you don't get too sick. Amy is still unwell but she'll be going to school tomorrow (even if she has to come home early). I too wish we had a local farmers markets - guess we just have to grow our own :-).

Libby

Kez said...

Yeah looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth!!

How did Amy go today? B has to go to preschool tomorrow too because I have to work..