Sunday, November 04, 2007

I've been hacked :(

I woke up this morning to find that somehow while I was asleep through the night I'd made a paypal transaction that I don't remember to a Chinese name that doesn't ring any bells.. Grrr! I guess that's what I get for not practising what I preach about changing your passwords regularly. It's *only* $350 - it could have been much worse - but I hope it gets sorted out soon. Thank goodness for the Baby Emergency Fund...

So now I'm frantically trying to think if any other places might have been compromised as well.

Please, go and change your passwords now!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh No!! earlier this year one of our bank accounts was hacked into and $3000 was taken!!!! we eventaully got it refunded by the bank (ANZ) but had our net banking frozen whilst it was dealt with.

Kez said...

It's getting worse - my ebay account was also hacked into - now fixed I think; and my hotmail account was hacked into. I have no idea if I'll get that back or not so I'm going around changing my email address on everything :(

The Tin House said...

My husbands visa account was altered fraudulently last year by someone we thing must have been a bank employee. Months later, and visits from the fraud squad and we stopped getting the red letters. Scary isn't it. Changing passwords now. xx

Anonymous said...

Oh god, I've had something similar happen to me with someone looking for personal details etc. Im also vary wary now with who I give my details to - I'll change all my details now !