Monday, March 31, 2008

end of No Spend Month

I made it to the end! No spend month has been pretty much a success. I saved $50 from the grocery budget last fortnight so I'll be able to put that towards vegetables for the garden. I forgot to record it for the last week or so (I've been suffering from a distinct lack of motivation lately) but I think the only blowout was having the parents in law over for lunch at Easter. It wasn't too bad - they bought a chicken & buns, I provided salad & hot cross buns (homemade) so that was all fine. I forgot about buying soft drink though so had to send Pete for a last minute trip to the servo - $13 later. Ouch!

I also saved about $40 of my own sanity money and $50 in petrol money - that one was more good luck than good management as we didn't go far over Easter.

I'm pretty pleased with it though!

2 comments:

emma.jean said...

Awesome job! Congratulations. :)

Kez said...

Thanks Emma!