Friday, March 07, 2008

No spend month Day 7



Thursday - meat & eggs - $78.35. There's at least 16 meals worth of meat there, so I shouldn't have to buy meat or chicken for a few weeks. I did manage to escape from the supermarket with only that - despite having a 5 year old with me! I've turned into mean mummy (again)!!!

Friday - a quick trip to Aldi for essentials (bread, milk, cheese, flour etc). Oh and 2 packets of wafer biscuits for Billy (65c each - $1.30) as a treat for a good week. $18.60. That's the grocery budget for the fortnight gone now - no spending next week on food at all, but we shouldn't need anything. We have enough meat for a couple of weeks so with a bit of planning I should be able to save a lot next fortnight. Today was the 1st day in absolutely ages where I worked out the prices *before* I went to the shops, so I could adjust it according to the money I had to spend. It got reworked a few times before we went to fit the most in!

5 comments:

libby said...

Well done Kerrie. You're such an inspiration.

Libby

emma.jean said...

Ditto!

Kez said...

Thanks guys - I'm feeling quite pleased with myself - of course, it is only the 1st week!!

Anonymous said...

Kez, your doing so well congratulations - sorry I havent blogged or kept in touch lately.

Anonymous said...

I meant to ask too, what sort of meals do you make ??