Monday, March 03, 2008

No-Spend Month

I know Simple Savings had their No-Spend month in Feb but I'm a bit behind the times! I'm declaring March No-Spend month for me. I'm sick of playing catch-up with money all of the time - I have a list of things that we've spent over the budget this year and extra money is going to pay for stuff we've already purchased - rather than saving for it and then purchasing. I want to try and build up a buffer and not get further behind.. It's not helped by the majority of my clients thinking that "We appreciate your payment in 14 days" on the invoice doesn't apply to them :(

So nothing non-essential this month. So far we haven't been anywhere in March which helps! I saved probably $30 by NOT going to the craft show yesterday! I was going to have a haircut tomorrow but have just trimmed the bits that were annoying me and will wait & get it done by a LETS member when I get a chance.

Got to go and pack snacks & drinks to take to storytime!

2 comments:

Paula Vince said...

Hi Kez,

Thanks for the comments you left on my blog. It's a pleasure to visit another Aussie homeschooler's blog. We've been homeschooling for almost 5 years, ever since my oldest child was in Year 3.
Hey, I appreciate your writing on trying to be frugal too. We're all trying to do that and it makes it feel as if we're not alone to read someone else's experiences!
Blessings,
Paula

Kris said...

Isn't that coincidence - we've just started a Big Crackdown as well, when it comes to spending. Too much money just dribbling through our fingers.

I get into this things, I get a bit high on the discipline of saying 'no'. I'll be interested to hear how you go ...