Monday, August 11, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - 11th August


Notes on last week's menu:
I missed doing last week's menu plan - just basically winged it for the week, which is not a good way to go! From the previous week - the sweet & sour sauce was quite nice, will use it again. The beef stew was nice but too salty - our bacon is quite salty so next time I'll leave the extra salt out.

To use up this week:

* roast beef
* pumpkin

Menu Plan this week:

Monday - snags, eggs, mashed potatoes & veges
Tuesday - some sort of stew in the dreampot (we're out most of the day and then I go straight to work)
Wednesday - meat pie with rest of roast
Thursday - steak & veges
Friday - chicken curry for grownups / nuggets for kidlet
Saturday - Pete not home - will just have eggs or pasta
Sun - roast pork baked dinner

* I need to make a pumpkin soup for lunches

For more exciting menu plan ideas, see Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.



Eating from the garden:
* various herbs
* radish
* lettuce
* bok choy
* odd handfuls of snow peas / peas

Planting this week:
* need to buy potting mix

See my "Quick Updates" over on the side to see what I've been up to in the garden lately.

No comments: