Monday, October 27, 2008

Our week of Learning - 26 Oct

Last week -

English: Reading Dinosaur Cove (Attack of the Lizard King). A few smaller books read and Pete & Billy are still reading The Hobbit together.

Visit to Newcastle library.

Maths: Leap into Maths Yr 1 workbook - Unit 12.

Science & Technology: We've been taking photos of clouds for the last few weeks, so Billy made a cloud poster with the photos sorted into cumulus, stratus and cirrus clouds.

HSIE (Human Society and it's environment): Learnt about "Life on Land" (the first plants) and "Fish out of Water" (the first amphibians).

Creative & Practical Arts:
Drama lessons and art gallery. He's also been using the video camera to film absolutely everything - but mainly himself :)

PDHPE (Personal Development, Health & Physical Education):
Swimming lessons.

****

Well I was able to get some paid work in 3 mornings last week with "minimal" interruptions. That's really helped me get on top of things, work-wise anyway.

I've started up the Flylady emails again to try and get the house under control. It just depends how long I can put up with the "please buy our wonderful products" emails...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious, because just yesterday I signed back for fly lady too...LOL! I've been feeling a tad overwhelmed with the mess and disorganisation myself. It was the sheer multitude of emails that you get that always prompted me to unsubscribe - I can't tell you how many times I've been on and off that group!

Anyway I've finished with that book, so if you email or pm me the next address I'll pop it in the post.

Mel

Kez said...

lol - must've been something in the air on Monday :) I've been on and off the group far too many times as well - I first joined back before she was even on Yahoogroups!

Will send you that address now.