Sunday, February 22, 2009

Recipe: Chocolate snowballs & condensed milk


The recipe is based on one from the weetbix site - http://www.weetbix.com.au/recipes/double-chocolate-balls.aspx

8 Weet-Bix, crushed (I used Aldi brand ones and had to use a few more to get the right consistency - maybe they are smaller?)
½ cup coconut
2 tablespoons cocoa
395g can sweetened condensed milk

1. Place all ingredients, except some of the coconut in a large bowl. Mix well.
2. Form mixture into 30 balls and toss in coconut. (Forming in balls works better if your hands are wet)
3. Refrigerate until firm. Eat!

If you don't keep condensed milk in the pantry, you can make your own! (I got this from the Simple Savings site)

1 cup (250 mL) of water
2 cups (500 g) of sugar
2 cups (500 g) of powdered milk
6 tbsp butter

Place all ingredients in the blender / food processor and let it blend for 2 minutes.

Keep it refrigerated. Makes the equivalent to two tins and can be used in any recipe that calls for it. (Or just eat it with a spoon lol!)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look great, but I'm not familiar with weet bix (I know I probably mangled the spelling as well). I'll have to google it and see if I can find some or a close replacement. My 4-year-old would find chocolate snowballs too cool :-)

Kez said...

Hey Rich, Thanks for commenting! Weetbix are a breakfast cereal made out of wheat flakes and pressed into a bar shape. Not sure what your equivalent would be over there, but you can also make them with crushed up plain cookies. HTH!