Sunday, March 15, 2009

I think I'm back...

What an ordeal!!

I started reinstalling Windows on Friday night (about 9pm) after I'd made sure I'd backed up everything I could possibly think of!

I was probably about 2/3 of the way through installing & reloading everything by 3pm Saturday when I realised that I couldn't run any of the websites that I develop on my local machine. A huge issue! 2 hours, much Googling and many attempts to fix it later, I gave up and started installing Windows - again!!!!

Its now about 11am on Sunday and fingers crossed that I am all back.. Everything seems to be installed and working ok. I'm sure I'll find stuff that I've forgotten to install - probably just as I go to use it - but I should be able to get back into my work and online world now :)

2 comments:

libby said...

Poor Kerrie. Glad you've got it all sorted.

Libby

belinda said...

Congrats,

Everything always works better when it gets a good cleanup. It would be nice if it wasn't such an ordeal to achieve it.

Kind Regards
Belinda