Monday, April 27, 2009

Garden update

Thanks everyone for your wonderful advice.

I spent Saturday morning out in the garden and got a functioning garden bed again.

Before - looking very sad and dead.


The layer of hay that was in the garden already was very compacted, so I broke it up with a garden fork, and then spread half a bag of mushroom compost over it.


I topped the bed up with 2 bags of garden soil.


And then covered it all with sugar cane mulch - much of which blew away in the strong winds :(


Looks much better now!

I planted a whole heap of seeds directly into the new bed (plus another couple of styrofoam boxes I replenished as well) - will try raising seedlings when I get to it in a couple of weeks, but I thought I'd just try it and see in the meantime..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done! Looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing what you plant.