Monday, March 01, 2010

Bits & Bobs..

Last Friday I finally got brave enough to have my personal gym program designed - I'd been putting it off citing lack of time since I joined the gym in January! The trainer was very kind to me and took it fairly slowly. My goals are a bit more weight loss and some toning, so she has me doing treadmill, bike (which almost killed me!), some reps on 4 different bits of weight equipment (the technical term lol), and some crunchies. Now to be brave enough to go back and try it on my own!!

I'm still going to the BodyBalance class (ta-chi, yoga & pilates) and still loving it. I'm a bit concerned about this week though - I'm finally starting to get the hang of the routines, and this week they all change!!!

On Friday night Pete & I went to see Tim Minchin - he's a comedic musician who is very, very talented, clever and funny! (Also very, very rude and pushes the boundaries at times so don't check him out if you're easily offended!) It's been years since we saw live comedy - probably Billy Connelly was the last one we saw. It was a great night - I laughed so much my face hurt. The only thing that spoilt it for me were the idiots in the crowd who liked to prove how 'clever' they were by heckling or spoiling the punchline :(

We also went out for dinner beforehand - it was very pleasant sitting in the sunshine on the waterfront eating a lovely dinner prepared by someone else! Unfortunately the service was so slow we ran out of time for dessert! It was a travesty :)

9 comments:

Home Educator's Helper said...

oooh, I had to double check to make sure I was in the right spot! I like it!

libby said...

Glad you had a great night out. Kevin & I often used to go see comedians - but like you the last one was no doubt the fabulous Billy - hey, you didn't name your Billy after him did you? :-)

Libby

libby said...

Just remembered the last comedian was Weird Al Yankovic. Kevin has loved him for years and I just went along - but boy did I have a fabulous time!

Deb said...

Pity you missed dessert Kerrie. You gotta have something to work off at the gym...hehe

Anonymous said...

I am really liking your new blog makeover, Kez! Congrats!

Risa said...

Never heard of Minchin, but he sounds fabulous. Anyone who's a fan of Dawkins (according to wikipedia!) is all right in my book. I'll have to track down some of his material over here.
Last comedian I saw? Colin Mochrie et al from Who's Line is it Anyways, and before that, the beloved and late George Carlin. A friend won tickets off a radio promo so we even got to go backstage to meet him. Woot! :-)

Kez said...

Risa - you can check out Tim Minchin's stuff on his Youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/timminchin

Anonymous said...

Hi Kez,
Thanks for your kind words on my blog this week after Tom's accident.
Kate

Five Bears A-Blogging said...

Hubby and I ADORE Tim! I've been humming the Christmas song all day as I gardened :)