Friday, February 18, 2011

Disneyland

We came, we saw, we kicked its butt :)

We've spent 2 days at Disneyland so far and have given it a pretty fair work over. 

We seem to have a bit of a dare-devil on our hands - he's tackled Space Mountain (roller-coaster - in the dark), Big Thunder Mountain Railway (roller-coaster), Indiana Jones Adventure (a thrill ride), Grizzly River Run (white water rafting ride - we got absolutely soaked on this!) and the Matterhorn Bobsleds (another roller-coaster).  (I, on the other hand, did not do Space Mountain but braved the rest - go me!  - I'm not a fan of roller-coasters..)





We also found time to kick it back a notch with Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Mt Toad's Wild Road, Autopia, some bumper cars in the California Adventure section, and of course, no trip would be complete without "it's a small world".. :)






Innoventions was a pretty cool place as well - no rides, but a smart house with lots of future technology stuff.  We watched an amazing show with "Asimo the world's most advanced humanoid robot".



We had a couple of rest days in between our Disneyland adventures.  Billy came down with a touch of something so we took it easy - stayed in the hotel and only went out to do some shopping and eat.  He seems to be on the mend now other than a persistent cough that gets worse at night.

We've still got one more day to spend at Disneyland - we'll probably go on Sunday afternoon, redo a few rides and hang around to watch the fireworks and show.

In the meantime though - Universal Studios tomorrow!

4 comments:

karisma said...

Wow! Go you Kez! I would have been hiding! Im not much of a fan of rides.

Suji said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time! Brave, brave B! One of the categories on Jeopardy last night was Disneyland and I kept thinking of you guys throughout.

Five Bears A-Blogging said...

One of my favorite places on Earth! I lived in So. Cal. most of my life, but didn't visit for the first time until I was a young(ish) adult, engaged to my hubby. With everything you managed to do, I'd definitely classify you guys as "pro" in the tourist department. It takes some focus and energy to get to everything, even over the course of a few days. Enjoy!

Libby said...

Fun times. Asimo is so cute and clever. Space Mountain is one of my fav. rides. But California Screamin' would be my very fav. Glad Billy didn't get too sick.