- Billy has only made it along to one Cubs night this month due to rehearsals. One of the dads brought along some 3 and 4 day old chickens for the kids to hold.
- Rehearsals, drama class and Peter Pan performance. Need I say more! They've been performing to about 180 people per night..
- Wrote a Minecraft parody song to the tune of Moves Like Jagger
|Some of the Lost Boys back stage - Billy is in the furry orange vest. More photos coming once I get them from my niece.|
- Australian history
- We're reading Daughter of the Regiment by Jackie French
- We went to the Murrurrundi Frontier Day - we caught an old train there, dressed in period costume (B was a bushranger) and watched a 'robbery' of a Cobb & Co coach
- We attended an excursion to the Morpeth Museum where they took part in a mock trial and looked at (and in some cases could interact with) historical exhibits
- Watching Behind the News for current affairs information.
- Watched a BTN special on Animals and the Environment
- He's been keeping up with information about Hurricane Sandy as he has friends in that part of America
- He watched Brain Pop movies on the Beatles, Mayans, Aztecs, Eleanor Roosevelt, Conquistadors (that's just what I know of - he's been watching them by himself)
- He watched a Cyberchase episodes on predicting from data, interpreting changes in line graphs and time/distance/speed
- He's been playing a computer game called 5th grade adventures with maths puzzles
- He learnt to play chequers
Science & Technology
- We watched Backyard Science TV shows
- Played the Totally Gross science board game with a friend
- He got the circuit kit out for another run
- He watched a BTN Special on Innovations
- He's been helping me in the garden
- BrainPop - videos he's watched have included - dyslexia, fire, Ada Lovelace, Hurricane Sandy, invertebrates, ecosystems (plus more - I've lost track!)
- He watched a BrainPop movie about dialogue
- Learnt about indefinite articles
- Did an exercise on exposition - including pronouns, adjectival phrases and verbs
- He's learning Italian with some other homeschoolers - so far they've learnt greetings, asking and answering how are you, numbers and how old are you. He's really enjoying the lessons.
- He's taken part in archery and martial arts, as well as a game of ten-pin bowling with friends
As well as plenty of time spent hanging out with friends and family, cooking etc.